It is important for our customers to take note of the madTECH terms and conditions. These are not supplied with purchases but is available on request. Also note that it is displayed in our store.
- EFT Payments can be done in-store.
- All goods sold strictly COD only.
- No goods will leave the store unless fully paid for.
Warranty, Faulty Goods & Credit
- New hardware has a 12-month carry-in warranty from date of purchase.
- Faulty goods must be returned to madTECH where purchase was made.
- Before a credit is passed items will be tested or sent to original suppliers for a detailed report.
- If the return of goods takes place after 48 hours from the date of invoice, a credit will be passed, provided goods are in same condition as on purchase date, including all manuals, driver discs, original packaging and original tax invoice. No cash refunds under any circumstances.
- No credit will be issued at all if the return is later than 30 days after the date of the purchase.
- A 15% handling charge will be issued for drivers disks not returned with their original packaging, original tax invoice, software and manuals, whether within the 7 days or not. This includes damaged packaging. No cash refunds.
- Due to software piracy NO software will be refunded or exchanged.
- Should the goods be defective within 7 days of purchase, they will be replaced if a identical product is available only after being tested by madTECHs qualified technicians, excluding printers, monitors, modems, speakers, scanners and UPS units.
- Items that can be repaired by madTECH will not be swapped out. (Swap out does not include: printers, monitors, modems, speakers, scanners and UPS units).
- A component will be declared void and out of warranty if goods are damaged due to mishandling, negligence, lightning strikes or power surges.
- The warranty will be void if the serial number or the label is missing. The warranty will be void if items are written on or tampered with or shows any physical damage.
- No warranty on consumables and cables. i.e. Blank cd’s, cartridges, any cables etc.
- No warranty on any software (repaired or restored), no refund, no swop out, no exchange on any software including Microsoft products.
- madTECH will not repair any laptop or printer on site as these will be sent to suppliers for repairs. Laptops and printers purchased from another supplier be sent to that supplier for repairs and will incur costs.
- Any CPU (Processor) that is over-clocked will void warranty. It can/will be tested.
- Supplier Lead-Time for warranty repairs is 21 working days. madTECH lead-time will depend on the supplier lead-time.
- Repaired items not collected within 7 days will be charged storage fees.
Quotations & Special Orders
- If quotation is rejected a quotation fee of R150 will be charged.
- All quotes will remain valid for a period of 14 days from date of quote. The validity of any price is subject to any increases in the cost price of the company before release of goods.
- A 30% deposit is required with order. Deposits are non-refundable. If order is cancelled, deposit is forfeited.
- Components or PC’s ordered will be cancelled after 2 days if not collected.
- Back orders that have come into stock will be cancelled 2 days after completion.
- Please back up your data before sending the machines for support. The workshop will not be held liable for any data loss.
- Upgrades/Repairs not collected within 30 working days will be sold to defray costs.
- madTECH does not accept liability for loss or damage to cables, software or ink cartridges with booked-in goods.
- madTECH is not liable for any loss of data or theft, which may occur while in the possession of the clients’ hardware.
- madTECH will not take responsibility to pay out more than R100 (one hundred rand) for any loss whatsoever.
- Price and specifications are subject to change without any prior notice.
- Specials are only valid for the period specified.